Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

B2S: Shop Early, Use Coupons, And Stock Up Now!

Started by Angela , author of Mommy PR 7/31/2011 11:00:10 PM

My daughter is in summer school, so I almost fee like school supplies never ended. She will have one month off and then starts again in September. I know what you are thinking 'how does she afford that many pencils'. Well, actually, we are already stocked up for the next school year. Yea, we are done!

Just this week, Walmart had a great sale on all Back To School items. Crayons for 25 cents, notebooks for 40 cents, pencils and pens for only $1. If you buy your items now, you can stock up really cheap. Waiting closer to the school year can cost you a ton more, because stores know you are on the threshold and need it now. They totally play with your wallet!

Now on clothes, shoes, and backpacks, buy last years styles (which really are not last years styles until Jan of the next year technically?). You will see Sears, Macys, Walmart, etc all try to mark down clothing to bring in the new stuff. Combine the clearance items with store coupons and you can get a heck of a deal. Try online too. A great place for discounted shoes is 6pm.com.And if your kids are smaller, look at brick & mortar store's online sites. Places like Gymboree, Crazy 8 or The Children's Place usually have better outlet deals online and you can still use coupon codes. Look for coupon codes on Retailmenot.com before checking out of any online shop.

Try out my ideas this week and see if it doesn't save you some money for this school year. If you are worried about your kids reactions to 'last years styles', save up and grab those hot items around Black Friday when you can practically steal them for pennies on the dollar. Now you have what they want, and a great Christmas idea.

Share your back to school money saving advice below for a chance to win a $500 Back to School Shopping Spree from BlogFrog! 

Want to exchange more tips and ideas with other moms about back to school topics such as healthy snacks, school supplies and saving money?  Visit the Horizon® Healthily Families Back to School Community!  

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon.  The opinions expressed by me do not necessarily reflect the view of the Horizon Organic brand. 

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

No replies yet. Be the first!

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Post & Join Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS