Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Dinner table questions

Started by trooppetrie , author of Troop Petrie 8/22/2011 8:51:16 PM

I have 6 kids, the youngest three take FOREVER to eat and the oldest three are done 30 seconds after we pray. So I am going to make a bowl of questions that we can choose from and put on the table. That way we are encouraged to set around and enjoy talking.

I need your help to come up with some questions?

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4
""

Reply by Mama M.

author of My Little Life 8/22/2011 10:47:29 PM

How 'bout these:

-If you could have been the inventor of one "big" invention, what would it have been? (i.e electricity, the wheel, fire, etc.)

-If you could be any animal, what would you be? (My cousin recently asked this of an interviewee...ha!!)

One of our favorite things to do is "Roses and Thorns"...everyone gets a chance to say what their Rose (good thing) and Thorn (bad thing) of the day was! It's great for learning about taking turns and being good listeners!

""

Reply by Karen

author of Family Travels on a Budget 1/4/2012 9:37:25 AM

How about "why does it take you so long to eat?" JUST KIDDING!!! My youngest is a slllllooooooowwwwwww eater too. :)

We play games at the table -- who can spell... (I think of really difficult words throughout the day). Who knows the capital of.... Good school review at the dinner table.

trooppetrie's profile picture
trooppetrie said ...
I have 6 kids, the youngest three take FOREVER to eat and the oldest three are done 30 seconds after we pray. So I am going to make a bowl of questions that we can choose from and put on the table. That way we are encouraged to set around and enjoy talking.

""

Reply by Jodie

author of It's ALL Good in Mommyhood 1/4/2012 7:57:23 PM

Oooh...I always go around the table, and EVERYONE has to tell the family 3 things about their day.  It can be anything - from what they ate first at lunch to who they sat with on the bus.  Even myself and Hubby have to join in....it usually takes up the entire dinner, (until the last person has gne EVERYONE must stay) and its great to hear about everyone's day!

""

Reply by Mama M.

author of My Little Life 1/4/2012 9:27:02 PM

Love the 3 things idea! I love that it encourages kids to talk AND you hear about their day!

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

I welcome discussions of any kind...and disagreements in view points. I just ask that you please be respectful and kind when disagreeing!

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS