Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

What's On Your Fridge?

Started by Alice.com , author of Alice.com Blog – Unique Finds & Practical Advice for your Life & H 6/9/2010 8:47:08 AM

Photo Credit: gadgetgirl

Does what’s on your fridge reflect the rest of your life? The Wall Street Journal reports:

What if your family were the subject of an anthropological study? More than 30 families in California were just that—allowing camera crews into their homes to videotape nearly every waking moment, so researchers could capture what life is like for the dual-earner, multiple-child, middle-class American household.

One fascinating anthropological find: the refrigerator door. Whether crammed with magnets and drawings or smooth and clean, “clutter on the fridge door tended to predict the amount of clutter elsewhere.”

Who knew the fridge door was really the window into a family’s soul? Ours is currently adorned with a row of Spiderman magnets neatly arranged by our meticulous 4-year-old, and another magnet with the phone number of a local pizzeria. I wonder what the researchers would make of that.

Readers, what’s on your fridge? Does it reflect your philosophy elsewhere in your home?

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3

We have magnets on our refrigerator holding our favorite ZITS cartoons.  I have two teenagers in the house, and most of these cartoons fit our family to a t.

""

Reply by Shantel

author of story|BOUND 6/11/2010 12:50:12 PM

Various and assorted ad magnets holding paintings by my 5 and 3 year old, sports schedules, family reunion postcards, baby announcements and other pics of extended family.  Along with the Leap Start letter and number magnets, except we are missing C, L, O, S, and Q.  This is all arranged around the family calendar that no one ever uses or looks at but me. :)

""

Reply by Lori

author of BlogFrog Blog — 6/14/2010 11:00:06 AM

I love the idea that your fridge is a little doorway into your life/house. Fun!

My fave quote on my fridge is: Just when the caterpillar thought it was over it became a butterfly.

We've got some spiritual luminaries, inspirational quotes, a photo of a temple in India and drawings and  letters from my son *(more below).

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS