Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Embedded Discussions

Started by Rustin , author of Rustin Banks – Unplugged — Social Media Marketing and Entrepreneurship 12/13/2010 2:37:03 PM

BlogFrog is testing the ability to embed any discussion directly into a blog post, just like you would a YouTube video!

Come across a great discussion in your favorite community and you want your readers to view it on your blog?  Just embed it.  One of your readers create a great discussion in your community?  Go ahead and embed it!     

Next to any discussion you will see an embed button.  Just press this button and up pops the code.  Paste this into the HTML view of any blog platform (wordpress.org or blogger) and you're done!  The discussion and its replies automatically appear.  

You can see it in action on The Thrifty Mama.

The goal of this feature is to help keep communities active, and reward readers for starting interesting discussions by "promoting" them to the front page.   

Currently, clicking reply will take readers to the community page, but in the future, people will be able to reply straight from the blog as well.

What do you think?  Would you use this?  Where?

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 11 - 20 of 20
""

Reply by Carol Lawrence

author of Intentional Conscious Parenting 12/16/2010 11:45:21 AM

I embedded two discussions in this blog post. The title and description show up but the comments do not. There's a link to the blog frog community as well. 

I did this twice to see if it worked the second time.

http://www.intentionalconsciousparenting.com/2010/12/teaching-your-child-power-of-stillness.html

Take a look. Any suggestions on how to get the comments to show up. I made sure to add up to 5 comments.

Thanks, Carol

Hi Carol! I'm in an airport and the internet is so SLOW (Gag) so I can't load your blog, but we will look into this! Still working a few bugs out of the embedded discussion. Thanks!

Still working on ironing out a few bugs!  We're working on it... stay tuned!!

""

Reply by Janice

12/19/2010 12:13:47 PM

I've been looking for a place to blog. Sounds good.

""

Reply by As Seen On TV Shopper

author of As Seen On TV Items - Infomercials TV 2/3/2011 3:02:56 PM

Yes I found the same thing as Carol, comments not showing up. The embedded feature is something I would use, once the bugs are worked out.

""

Reply by Shannon

author of Milk and Cuddles 8/30/2011 2:02:46 PM

Hi Rustin! Mom Loop is hosting a live Chat tonight at 8pm central time (Aug 30th). I have a question- I'd love to embed the discussion on my blog: MilkandCuddles.

If I embed it, does it allow visitors to my blog to reply from there as well as on the blogfrog/Momloop page? Or just to view it live as it streams?

Thanks Rustin- this is a great feature:)

Hi Shannon, So sorry for the late reply. Right now when you embed a live discussion on the blog - it just shows the latest replies on your blog. We do have plans to upgrade the live discussion so it can be completely embedded in the blog! How was the chat? Stay tuned!

Great feature to share!

I'm new to BlogFrog and already boggled by the potential behind this product.  (Saw some people at Bloggy '11 in Denver with the SITS girls but it took a while to sink in exactly what this IS).  Embedded conversations, what a great thought. :-0

I'm from the alternative health/wellness community, starting to connect with others who are on blog frog too, open to any thoughts about how we can best utilize Blogfrog to hop people across to more options for health and wellness!  Ribbit!

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Just be awesome, and always remember "it's your product, we're just building it for you"

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS