Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Embedded Discussions

Started by Rustin , author of Rustin Banks – Unplugged — Social Media Marketing and Entrepreneurship 12/13/2010 2:37:03 PM

BlogFrog is testing the ability to embed any discussion directly into a blog post, just like you would a YouTube video!

Come across a great discussion in your favorite community and you want your readers to view it on your blog?  Just embed it.  One of your readers create a great discussion in your community?  Go ahead and embed it!     

Next to any discussion you will see an embed button.  Just press this button and up pops the code.  Paste this into the HTML view of any blog platform (wordpress.org or blogger) and you're done!  The discussion and its replies automatically appear.  

You can see it in action on The Thrifty Mama.

The goal of this feature is to help keep communities active, and reward readers for starting interesting discussions by "promoting" them to the front page.   

Currently, clicking reply will take readers to the community page, but in the future, people will be able to reply straight from the blog as well.

What do you think?  Would you use this?  Where?

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 20
""

Reply by Maketta

author of Money To Be Made - Home page 12/13/2010 5:43:33 PM

I think it's a good idea. I would definitely use it. It is a great way to get more people involved in the discussions.

""

Reply by Jamie

author of Mommy's Camera 12/13/2010 9:01:38 PM

This is an awesome idea!  What a great way to draw more attention to people's communities!  I will definitely use it!

""

Reply by Carol Lawrence

author of Intentional Conscious Parenting 12/14/2010 8:56:59 AM

Great idea. I wonder if it confuses the KIndle blog readers though?

""

Reply by Carol Lawrence

author of Intentional Conscious Parenting 12/14/2010 9:10:43 AM

I would have actually used it today to drum up attention for an Elementary School in Canada who is trying to secure funds for a new playground. They have made it to the semi-finalists and there's one day left to vote. It doesn't cost a penny, it just takes a minute of your time.

http://theblogfrog.com/1355013/forum/68761/can-you-help-my-daughters-school-get-a-playground.html?start=1&replyid=594957

Please also share the discussion. Time is running out.

Great question Carol!  The beginning of the discussion is actually copied into the HTML so it should work in all browsers.  The replies are dynamically loaded, so they may not work on non-javascript browsers (or on Wordpress.com)

Carol's profile picture
Carol said ...
Great idea. I wonder if it confuses the KIndle blog readers though?

""

Reply by sara

author of Scrap Sassy Silly 12/15/2010 10:09:39 AM

oh ... this sounds like a cool feature

""

Reply by Laurie

author of Grandma Sez So 12/15/2010 1:01:50 PM

Hey, I'm just learning about Blog Frog, now, this? hehehe...LOVE IT! Thanks!

http://grandma-sez-so.blogspot.com/2010/12/crafters-put-your-store-in-spotlight.html

""

Reply by Carol Lawrence

author of Intentional Conscious Parenting 12/15/2010 4:00:24 PM

When is the embed feature available? This is going to be great!

""

Reply by Titus

12/15/2010 8:08:16 PM

It's available now!  If you look under "Share Discussion", it's below Facebook and to the right of "Like This Discussion".  It will give you some HTML code to copy and paste into your blog post.

Carol's profile picture
Carol said ...
When is the embed feature available? This is going to be great!

""

Reply by Carol Lawrence

author of Intentional Conscious Parenting 12/15/2010 9:55:01 PM

I used the new embed feature on my Intentional Conscious Parenting Blog.

You can see how it looks here:

http://www.intentionalconsciousparenting.com/2010/12/teaching-your-child-power-of-stillness.html

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Just be awesome, and always remember "it's your product, we're just building it for you"

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS