Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Has Anyone Had to Change the Title and Domain Name of their blog?

Started by The Healthy Moms Magazine , author of The Healthy Moms Magazine 9/22/2010 9:18:56 PM

I use the Blogger platform for my blog and have been blogging for three years now. I have nearly 1,000 subscribers, 10 other bloggers that write for me, over 1500 members in my Blog Frog community, over 900 twitter followers, about 1,000 subscribers to my weekly newsletter, an online store with a similar name, Facebook Fan Page with about 500 likes, and my own social network on ning.

I got into some hot water over the name of my blog so now everything has to change. I have to change the title of my blog, the title of my social network, facebook fan page, the domains of my blog and online store and all reference to a certain term on my website. I need to have all of this done by September 27.  I don't want to lose any of my readers and followers. I also need help. Has anyone ever done this before? Is there a way to do this without losing fans, subscribers and followers?

Please help!

If you have been through this please e mail me so we can connect.

talbert cascia at yahoo dot com.

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3
""

Reply by GetFactsnotHype

author of Squidoo: Environmentally-green 3/5/2011 9:53:14 PM

Usually successful websites have:

•URL (addy in address bar)
•Title of article or particular page (not URL)
•Subtitle of the above (usually includes Intro)
•Text or main body

The reason for stating this is .... >> you can change the Title, Subtitle and Text in the main body, including fonts, colors, pictures, and layout, BUT not the URL.  However IF you buy a URL domain and re-direct it to the place where you actually write and where the content is - then this is possible.

Also you would have to check the guidelines for where you write currently, because they may not even allow you to change the font size OF the Title, and Subtitle (if pre-set), but they should certainly let you change the name of it.  Also they may not allow re-directs OR have certain criteria for re-directs.  That would be part of your research before you try and make changes.  For now, just change what you can. 

That's the short answer, but the long answer would take too much space.

""

Reply by Carol Lawrence

author of Intentional Conscious Parenting 3/7/2011 10:12:51 AM

So sorry you are having to do this. Can you change your title just a little bit?

Good advice to buy your domain name and redirect it to the place you actually write. There's a place in the blogger settings to purchase domain name. 

GetFactsnotHype's profile picture
GetFactsnotHype said ...
The reason for stating this is .... >> you can change the Title, Subtitle and Text in the main body, including fonts, colors, pictures, and layout, BUT not the URL.  However IF you buy a URL domain and re-direct it to the place where you actually write and where the content is - then this is possible.

""

Reply by GetFactsnotHype

author of Squidoo: Environmentally-green 8/19/2012 10:13:05 PM

You can change the title (not URL) and it will bounce back in ranking after some time.  I've done this before on 5 of my 18 blogs and it is possible.

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Just be awesome, and always remember "it's your product, we're just building it for you"

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS