Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Can I add a Blog Frog Widget to Wordpress Blog?

Started by Kristina & Tina , author of MOMS WHO CLICK: Building a Photography Business One Click at a Time 8/3/2010 1:21:25 PM

HI-I"m new to Blog Frog.  I'd like to add the BlogFrog widget to my blog so that I can create a customized community page here on Blog Frog.  Unfortunately it seems that this widget will not work on a wordpress.com blog.  and therefore I can't customize my community page.  Is there a way to work around this?

Thanks!

Kristina

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 11
""

Reply by Lori

author of BlogFrog Blog — 8/4/2010 1:47:05 AM

Kristina and Tina, Thanks for your question.

Wordpress.com doesn't allow third party widgets. The good news is that you can ad a BlogFrog button to your sidebar and connect it to your BlogFrog Profile or Community.

Just go to the Welcome page under your ME Tab. Above your profile pic (on the left) you'll find a Add a BlogFrog Button to you blog.

Choose your button and where you want it to link. The custom code will be generated for you. I hope that helps!

""

Reply by Kayemgi

author of All I Wanna Do 8/11/2010 8:27:57 AM

LoriYay,

I'm new to blogfrog too, and I had the same question as Kristina. I tried your suggestion and added the button to my wordpress blog, but it still wouldn't connect to my blogfrog Community.  Am I doing something wrong, or is the javascript widget the only way to connect?

Thank you,

Kristen

HI LoriYay,

I got the button on my wordpress blog but like Kristen, the button doesn't link to my community.  Is there a way to get it to go to my blogfrog community page?

Thank you!!!! I'll try it.

Monique

Just Added the html to my wordpress site and it links back just fine. Not sure why the other ones don't work, but what I did was add the html widget and then paste the text into that widget. Hope that helps.

Where do I paste the html?  I placed my frog there via a picture.  Thanks

Great questions, and so great to see so many wordpress.com users (usually we just hear from Blogger and wordpress.org users!).  

Currently we just have the "button" to link to your community, but we're working on a full-functioning "image" widget that will look like the other widgets and work in Wordpress.com blogs.

First, make sure you have created a community.  Click the communities tab, and you should see a place that says "communities I own" on the left.

Next, when you click the "add a button to my blog", a window will pop up, make sure you choose "Link to: My Community."  

If you have multiple communities you can select which community it should link to at the bottom of the page.  Grab the code, in the box, and then paste it into a HTML widget.  

Did it work now?  I'm following this conversation, so I'll get updates! 

""

Reply by Estrellita By Mamá

author of Estrellita By mamá 10/16/2011 7:22:31 PM

hi all, yes I'm new to blogfrog as well. I dont see the button above my pictue under the Me tab. where do I find this?

thanks

I noticed also that making a change to the code of one word, allows me to keep my sites header and outlying content from disappearing.

Great work guys.

""

Reply by John

author of fragile thunder 11/1/2011 10:31:08 AM

Regarding Estrellita by Mama's question...

The site layout has changed since 2010 when this discussion first started. The new place to find widgets is here: http://theblogfrog.com/users/widgets.aspx

That is the "widgets" link at the top of the page. If you're looking for simple buttons to add to a wordpress.com blog, click on the 'HTML Buttons' link on the right side (under Javascript Required).

Thanks,

John - BlogFrog Customer Support

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Just be awesome, and always remember "it's your product, we're just building it for you"

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS